Monday, April 16, 2012

30 Day Meditation Challenge - Day 26

This morning I kind of cheated. That's not entirely true but hear me out...

I did my 10 minute meditation supine (yes, as in lying down) this morning. To my credit, I stayed awake and present the whole time but chanting my favorite mantra (see the footnote if you'd like to know what it is) but I was still lying down...with my eyes closed...at 5am...in the dark. That's kind of close to sleeping and sort of cheating on my part. And I only say that because it is this place in setting a routine where I have historically fallen off the beam. I've been doing this for 25 days - I got this thing... I'll make it up tonight... Skipping one day won't hurt... Oh, but it does hurt because it sets the precedent to stop and that precedent is known to spread like wildfire. For me, anyway...

On the other hand, today was soooo not cheating because it is Monday and I have my meditation group and so I do another sit for 15 minutes and I was fully upright for this one - in ardha padmanasana (half lotus pose) if anyone is curious about what pose I use when I sit. That meditation was quite lovely. From a physical standpoint, my body is used to sitting for 10 minutes now and my foot starts to tingle at about 12 minutes instead of 5 like it used to which affords me more time to remove thought from my body and actually be in the meditation. From a mental standpoint, when I noticed myself "thinking" I was able to let those thoughts move along and become still again and remain connected to that divine universal consciousness.

In summary, if I'm doing it, it's meditation and the only "wrong" way to meditate is to not do it. That being said, I really should sit upright for my meditation...otherwise it gets a little too close to nap time...

Namasté

P. S. My favorite mantra:

Aad Guray Nameh,
Jugaad Guray Nameh,
Sat Guray Nameh,
Siri Guru dayvay Nameh

Translation:
I bow to (or call on) the primal wisdom.
I bow to (or call on) the wisdom through the ages.
I bow to (or call on) the true wisdom.
I bow to (or call on) the great transparent wisdom within.

No comments:

Post a Comment