Saturday, April 7, 2012

30 Day Meditation Challenge - Day 17

I tried a guided mediation today. It was 13 minutes for stress relief (I don't feel particularly stressed but I think it's OK to do it anyhow) and it was quite lovely.

As a yoga instructor, I sometimes find it difficult to relax when I practice or meditate on my own and so being able to it a treat. When I practice yoga, I often catch myself teaching along with the instructor in my head - remembering things I like and re-wording things I'm not too fond of - and when I meditate, sometime I end up narrating the process as though I were teaching it as a guided meditation for others.

But today I was able to follow along and not be a teacher. I was able to enjoy the voice on the recording and relax into the meditation. I was able to hear the sounds around me, to feel the feelings in my body, and to watch my thoughts slip by unjudged.

It was a treat and I'm grateful to have been given the respite from my own self-narration - from my own ego - for those 13 minutes and beyond.

Namasté

No comments:

Post a Comment