Tuesday, April 3, 2012

30 Day Meditation Challenge - Day 13

I'm realizing that meditation can be more than what I thought. Today as I was sitting, one of my cats came and sat next to me (he's very spiritual).

Petting a cat, when done in a present and mindful manner, is a fully acceptable meditation practice. In my humble opinion, anyway.

I took a meditation class years ago at the Newport Beach Zen Center and we drank tea. We took the mindfulness of an alien who had never before seen tea and we felt the mug; we felt its warmth and weight. We looked at the liquid inside, noting color and consistency. And we tasted the tea, noting temperature, favor, and our reaction to it.

Anything done in a present and mindful manner can be meditation. What are some of your favorite "non-traditional" meditations?

Namasté

No comments:

Post a Comment