Monday, April 9, 2012

30 Day Meditation Challenge - Day 19

Today is my birthday. My first thought - at 4:55 am - was that I should skip my meditation and my meditation group. That I should sleep in and be late to work. That was the first idea of my birthday present to myself.

Then I shook it off and sat. Then I got up, showered, dressed, and headed to my meditation group for another sit. A stop at the chiropractor on my way to work and I was ready for business.

My day at work was busy but productive. I helped people and got some work done. Traffic was a breeze coming home and my salmon and zucchini dinner with a movie date was sublime. That was my birthday present to myself.

I have been at this long enough to in my body that a day with meditation feels better than a day without. Now I am starting to remember in my head. That is a gift to myself. And that gift is proving to be priceless.

Give yourself a gift today.

Namasté

No comments:

Post a Comment