Friday, April 6, 2012

30 Day Meditation Challenge - Day 16

If you have never had the opportunity to meditate in the desert as the sun goes down, I highly recommend it. Also, there is nothing wrong with multitasking while we meditate. Pre-heating a grill, for example, is a great time to sit for 10 minutes and listen to the sounds of the setting sun.

I could hear a fountain, wind, cars, Spanish guitar, and the occasional bird. I could feel the warmth of the grill next to me and the kiss of the wind all around me. I wasn't too hot, nor was I too cold. For those 10 minutes, I felt perfect contentment...and it's still happening.

The salmon is cooking, the broccolini are ready to toss and grill, and I have never felt more surrounded by my meditation. It is a warm blanket that keeps me safe and quite and peaceful.

The desert is a magical place and I am loving the magic.

Namasté

No comments:

Post a Comment