Wednesday, March 28, 2012

30 Day Meditation Challenge - Day 7

One week. I have actually been meditating daily for several months but this week has had a new intention to it and I can feel a difference. It's almost as if I am training for something. And I suppose I kind of am. I am training myself to remain calm when I am excited, agitated, or worried. I am training myself to follow through something I have committed to. I am training myself to remain conscious throughout my life.

I have felt stressed at work - or maybe just busy - and my first instinct is to get excited and worried and run and hide. But throughout the day I find myself more and more able to stop, take a breath, and ask the divinity in the universe for a little help. And remarkably, I get it. Either calmness an strength from within or relief and assistance from without. I have been more able to remember that I am there to do a job and I will finish it. I am more able to stay focused on my one task before moving to the next (after a brief pause in typing this to send an email, of course...).

Whatever is happening; however this is working, I like it. It seems to suit me. I look forward to my next sit.

Namasté

No comments:

Post a Comment