Tuesday, March 27, 2012

30 Day Meditation Challenge - Day 6

I'm starting to sit past the 10 minutes. Not much past...but still a little. I also noticed this morning that I have been waiting for something really "deep" to happen each day (maybe in hopes of an interesting blog?) and I realized that is not why I meditate. I listen to a talk on meditation and the speaker says that we "don't meditate to become good meditaters."

It occurred to me that sometimes I sit because. Perhaps I can just sit.

Something will happen. Something always does. It might be exciting or interesting or mundane...sometime it seems like it is just a sore ankle and a kitty that is upset he is not getting breakfast. But as I become more and more able to let go of the need for something to happen, more seems to happen. One of those funny spiritual paradoxes, I suppose.

That's all for today...

Namasté

No comments:

Post a Comment