Thursday, March 22, 2012

30 Day Meditation Challenge - Day 1

Last night a friend and I committed to each other we'd do a 30-day meditation challenge. 10 minutes each day before we leave the house. I stole the idea from anther friend of mine who is now finished with hers and loved it.

So today is day one. My alarm went off at 5:50, I sat up, crossed my legs into half lotus, and used my 10 minute snooze for my first day.

The time went quickly this morning. I have been doing 5 mins twice per day for awhile now and longer sits have started to get easier but I'm excited to see how this goes to do 10 each sit.

I do know this: since I have been meditating regularly, I am calm, I seem to be more funny and likeable than before and in general, I have never felt better.

Check back in over the next 30 days to see how it goes and comment here or on the Yoga with Rachel Facebook page to tell me about your experiences with consistent meditation.

Namasté

No comments:

Post a Comment