Sunday, March 25, 2012

30 Day Meditation Challenge - Day 4

Good morning. Today I caught myself thinking that sleeping in was better than meditating. I was wrong. I got up with my alarm anyway and sat through my snooze time.

Doing this right when I wake up seems to be working well for me. When I first started to meditate I caught myself "running out of time" in the morning - and that was when I was only sitting for 2 and 3 minutes at a time! One day, it occurred to me that the meditation is going to happen and so if I want to leave the house earlier, I either need to get up earlier or spend less time messing around syncing my iPhone in the morning. Now that I am doing this right off the bat - and for 10 minutes - I am leaving the house earlier than I did before. Strange how these things work out.

So today it was a mindfulness meditation. Just as clouds pass overhead, I let my thoughts pass through me and I pay them no mind. When I catch myself winding up the brain machine, I repeat "I am a woman who is not present in meditation. I am now present in meditation." It seems to get me right back into the zone, as it were.

I find that overall, after only a few days of this longer and more intentioned sitting I feel much more calm and part of the grander picture. And that is worth 10 minutes of snooze time any day.

Namasté

No comments:

Post a Comment