Friday, March 23, 2012

30 Day Meditation Challenge - Day 2

Day 2. I had no idea what my alarm was when it went off. I was dreaming about taking a picture and as I went to turn on my camera my alarm went off. But wake up, I did, and sit, I did.

There was a lot more chatter this morning at first. Nothing in particular - just run of the mill "fluctuations of the mind-stuff" as Patanjali put it.

But then something neat happened: around what I will guess was the 5 minute mark (because I did not check the clock, thank you very much), things settled down. There was an ease to it. I sat up straighter and my breath came softer and I found myself really starting to dial in.

There was still some of that internal freak-out around 8 minutes (alas, I did open my eyes and see the clock on the wall). But even that went away quickly and by the time the chime rang and 6:00 things were soft and quiet and easy once again.

Maybe you've had that also. It's the panic in a meditation i get sometimes that it'll never end. That I forgot to set the alarm and I'll be sitting here forever and LET ME OUT!

It did end, however. And right on schedule. And all is well. And so into my day I go, centered, grounded, and peaceful. I hope you feel the same.

More tomorrow.

Namasté

No comments:

Post a Comment